I have an H-4 EAD. Can I go to school full time and still retain the right to work?


Yes. A person in H-4 can go to school (full time or part time) without impacting the EAD. The EAD provides work authorization, but it does not obligate the H-4 spouse to actually be working. And, it certainly does not impact the ability of an H-4 dependent spouse to enroll in school. The EAD generally remains valid through the expiration date, whether a person uses it or not. (11.Jul.2016)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2016, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.