I have an approved I-140 with Employer A, and I am about to complete six years on H1B. Can I file for an H1B change of employer / extension with Employer B, even if the new H1B position is completely different from the I-140 position?


In general, an approved I-140 can be used to extend H1B status beyond 6 years, regardless of the job or employer. (07.Aug.2017)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2017, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.