When can a green card holder sponsor a parent for a green card?


Unfortunately, there is no visa category for the parent of a green card holder. Typically, to file for one’s parents, one must first become a U.S. citizen and then file the petition in the “immediate relative” category. (07.Aug.2017)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2017, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.