I got my green card almost two years ago through my U.S. citizen spouse. We are now going through a divorce. Can I file my I-751 petition to remove conditions while the divorce is pending?


USCIS memoranda permit the filing of the I-751 ‘waiver’ application as soon as the divorce is filed. The USCIS will eventually issue a request for evidence for the final divorce decree, which is needed prior to approval. (11.Sep.2017)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2017, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.