I filed an I-539 to extend my H-4 status. Can I now apply for an H-4 EAD while my I-539 is still pending?


Assuming the person otherwise qualifies for an H-4 EAD, one generally may file an EAD application while the I-539 is still pending. A copy of the I-539 receipt notice should be included with the EAD application. (27.Nov.2017)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2017, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.