My H-4 extension is currently pending, and my spouse’s I-140 was just approved. Can I apply for an H-4 EAD now, or do I need to wait for the H-4 extension to be approved?


An H-4 spouse typically can apply for the H-4 EAD at any time, based on the H1B holder’s I-140 approval. If the H-4 extension is currently pending, you can provide evidence of the pending case and request that the USCIS approve the H-4 EAD based on the pending application, so that they all have the same end date. (26.Feb.2018)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2018, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.