Can I return to the U.S. using my unexpired advance parole (AP) if my renewal AP was approved while I was outside the U.S.?


One generally is required to depart the U.S. and reenter on the same AP document. The approval of a new AP in the interim is irrelevant. One must still reenter before the old AP expires. (09.Jul.2018)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2018, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.