I have a pending adjustment-of-status application and have been issued a combination Employment Authorization Document and Advance Parole card. Can I take a vacation cruise to other countries and return to the United States?


Yes, you can take a cruise to travel to other countries and return to the United States with your passport, Advance Parole document, and/or other appropriate documentation supporting the immigration status you seek in the U.S. upon your return. This applies if you are taking a conventional “closed loop” cruise (one where you depart and return to the same U.S. port upon completion of the voyage), or one where you embark and disembark at different ports.) (28.Jan.2019)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2019, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.