The USCIS online system shows my I-140 was approved, but I do not have a copy of the approval notice. If I apply to extend H1B status beyond 6 years with a different employer, do I submit a copy of the actual approval notice?


It generally is possible to print out the case status result from the USCIS website, and submit this printout as proof that one has an approved I-140, and therefore qualifies for an H1B extension beyond 6 years. (11.Feb.2019)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2019, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.