I am in H1B status and my wife is in H-4 status. She was issued an H-4 EAD based on my approved I-140. If she moves to H1B status, and I then change to H-4 status, can I use my approved I-140 to apply for an H-4 EAD?


No, you cannot use your own approved I-140 to qualify for an H-4 EAD. (11.Dec.2019)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2019, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.