After I entered in TN status, I got married to a U.S. citizen. We recently filed my I-130 and I-485, but my TN job is likely going to end in a couple of weeks. If that happens, do I have to leave the U.S.?


Normally, a person may remain in the U.S. based on a pending I-485 application. If the TN job ends, it likely will be necessary to stop working until the EAD is issued (or you get a TN petition approved through a new employer). (18.Dec.2019)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2019, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.