NewsFlash! Premium Processing Service Being Phased In, Starting 01.Jun.202029 May 2020
The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced today that it would resume premium processing service in phases, beginning June 1, 2020. Per the announcement, premium processing will be made available as follows.
Effective June 1, 2020, the USCIS will accept Form I-907, Request for Premium Processing Service, for all eligible I-140 petitions.
Effective June 8th, the USCIS will accept premium processing requests for:
- H1B petitions filed before June 8th that are pending adjudication and are cap-exempt (for example, petitions filed by petitioners who are cap exempt and petitions filed for beneficiaries previously counted toward the numerical allocations).
- All other I-129 petitions (non H1B petitions) for nonimmigrant classifications eligible for premium processing filed before June 8th that are pending adjudication.
Effective June 15th, the USCIS plans to resume premium processing for:
- H1B petitions requesting premium processing by filing an I-907 concurrently with the I-129 (or request for a petition filed on or after June 8th) and are exempt from the cap because:
- The employer is cap exempt or because the beneficiary will be employed at a qualifying cap-exempt institution, entity, or organization (such as an institution of higher education, a nonprofit research organization, or a governmental research organization); or
- The beneficiary is cap exempt based on a Conrad/IGA waiver under INA section 214(l).
Effective June 22nd, the USCIS plans to resume premium processing for all other Form I-129 petitions, including:
- All H1B cap-subject petitions (including those for fiscal year 2021), including change of status from F-1 nonimmigrant status, for both premium processing upgrades and concurrently filed I-907s.
- All other I-129 petitions for nonimmigrant classifications eligible for premium processing and requesting premium processing by filing an I-907 concurrently with the I-129.
Copyright © 2020, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved