I am in H-4 status and am enrolled in a master’s program. Do I need to change to F-1 status in order to be eligible for the master’s cap after I graduate?


There is no requirement that a person take classes while in F-1 status in order to qualify for the master’s cap. (13.Oct.2021)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.



Copyright © 2021, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.