Do I need the original I-140 approval notice for my spouse to apply for an H-4 EAD?


No, a copy of the original I-140 (or the courtesy copy provided by the USCIS) should suffice. Even if the person does not have a copy, but can provide the receipt number, the USCIS should still be able to use this to process the H-4 EAD application. But, having at least a copy of the I-140 would be preferable. (12.Jan.2022)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.



Copyright © 2022, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.