I am on F-1 and my husband is on H1B. I am applying for a change of status to H-4. Do I have to continue my F-1 studies until the change of status is approved?


Typically, there is no requirement for the F-1 student to remain in school once an application to change status to H-4 is properly filed.  (01.Jun.2023)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.



Copyright © 2023, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.