I previously worked in the U.S. in H1B status, and now work as a manager in India. My company is planning on transferring me to the U.S. as a manager. If I come to the U.S. in H1B status, can I still apply for a green card under the EB1(c) category? Or, do I need to enter in L1A status to qualify for EB1(c)?


There is no need to be in L1A status in order to be sponsored for an EB1(c) multinational executive or manager position. Assuming you meet the requirements, it is possible to be in H1B status and have the employer file a petition for you under the EB1(c) category. (25.Oct.2023)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.



Copyright © 2023, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.