I am on H-4 and recently got an approved I-140. Can I use that to apply for an EAD?


You cannot apply for an H-4 EAD based on your own approved I-140. If your spouse has an approved I-140, you can use that to apply for an H-4 EAD. Or, once your priority date is current, if you file your I-485 application, you may then also apply for an EAD based on the I-485. (13.Feb.2024)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.



Copyright © 2024, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.