If I return to the U.S. using my advance parole document, can my wife enter on her H-4 visa?


If one’s spouse seeks to enter on an H-4 visa, then the principal must enter in H1B status. If the principal enters on AP, the dependent spouse would not be eligible for H-4 status. (07.Aug.2017)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2017, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.