I am in H1B status and have an approved I-140. I plan to move back to India for the time being. Will I still be able to use my I-140 in the future?


Yes, an approved I-140 can be converted to “consular processing” by the employer, and later used to obtain an immigrant visa and “green card,” as long as the employer is still offering the same job. (08.Oct.2018)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2018, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.