Can I work beyond 240 days if my H-4 EAD extension is still pending?


There is no automatic extension of work authorization based on a pending H-4 EAD extension. If the H-4 EAD has expired, one is no longer permitted to work until the new EAD is received. One who works after the EAD has expired likely is working without authorization. A consultation with a qualified attorney is highly recommended in this scenario. (14.Jan.2019)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2019, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.