I am currently in F-1 status, and we just received an RFE on my H1B petition, which was selected in this year’s lottery. Can I convert my pending H1B case to consular processing?


In general, a petitioner may withdraw a request for “change of status” while replying to an RFE, and request approval only for consular notification (i.e., consular processing). (24.Jun.2019)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2019, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.