My wife and I are in H1B status, and our 8-year-old son is a U.S. citizen. Can he sponsor us for a green card?


Ordinarily, a U.S. citizen child cannot sponsor his parents for a family-based green card until he reaches the age of 21. (04.Dec.2019)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2019, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.