My H1B cap case was filed for consular processing, and it was approved last week. My F-1 OPT expires next month. Is there a way to move to H1B status without having to leave the U.S.?


One in this situation could attempt to have the company file an H1B petition, requesting a change of status to H1B. However, there are some legal issues to this strategy that first should be discussed with a qualified attorney. (13.Jul.2020)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2020, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.