I was working in H1B status but am now working for an affiliate in Canada. Can the U.S. company file a PERM case for me while I am outside the U.S.?


Yes. Ordinarily, a company can file a PERM case for an individual regardless of whether the person is in the United States.  (14.Jan.2021)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2021, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.