I was working for a company abroad as a manager for more than one year, and my employer then transferred me to the U.S. on H1B. Can they sponsor me for a green card through the EB1(c) multinational manager / executive category, or do I have to be moved to L1A status, first?


There is no requirement that a foreign national be in L1A status before being sponsored for a green card through the EB1(c) category. Being in H1B status would not prevent an employer for filing an EB1(c) case on your behalf, assuming you meet all the standard requirements.  (03.Mar.2022)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.



Copyright © 2022, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.