I am a U.S. citizen. About 5 months ago, my mother entered in B-2 status to visit me and her grandchildren. At the last minute, we decided to apply for a green card for her. I filed the I-130 and I-485 for her, and those cases are still pending. Can my mother remain in the U.S. after her I-94s expire?


Ordinarily, it is possible to remain in the U.S. in a period of authorized stay based on a pending I-485 application.  (08.Jun.2022)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.



Copyright © 2022, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.