09 Apr 2018

I am unable to get a birth certificate. Can I use affidavits instead for my I-485 application?

Answer The Foreign Affairs Manual allows the use of a combination of a non-availability certificate, 2 affidavits and "secondary" evidence (like school leaving certificates) to substitute for a birth certificate that is unavailable or defective. (09.Apr.2018)In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior...

02 Apr 2018

My employer is currently sponsoring me for a green card. I now have a U.S. citizen family member who wishes to sponsor me for a family-based case. Can both cases be pending at the same time?

Answer Yes, you can have multiple immigrant petitions (employment-based and family-based) happening in parallel. The petitions do not interfere with each other and you ultimately should be able to file for adjustment of status, based on whichever case becomes current first. (02.Apr.2018)In frequent sessions of our...

29 Mar 2018

U.S. Supreme Court Says INA Does Not Grant Right to a Bond Hearing for Immigration Detainees

The U.S. Supreme Court recently ruled in Jennings v. Rodriguez that noncitizens, including lawful permanent residents (i.e. "green card" holders), who are detained by immigration officials while their immigration removal proceedings are pending do not have a right to be released on bond. Summary of the...

live chat software