Can a one-year, online master’s program be used to qualify for the H1B master’s cap? Can the degree be used to qualify for an EB2 position?


A master’s degree from an accredited public university would normally be acceptable for both purposes, regardless of whether or not the classes are taken online. (12.Jun.2017)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2017, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.