I am about to max out of my 6 years of H1B time, so I am applying for a change to H-4. If, after I transfer to H-4 status, I get an approved I-140, can I use that to move back to H1B status?


If you previously held H1B status and you have an I-140 approved, you generally can use this as a basis to return to H1B status. (i.e. The approved I-140 can be used to request H1B status beyond the standard 6-year max.) (05.Mar.2018)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2018, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.