I am working for my own company based on an H-4 EAD. Can my company sponsor an H1B worker?


Generally speaking, virtually any U.S. company, including one owned by someone with an H-4 EAD, may sponsor H1B workers. That being said, you likely need a backup plan in case the H-4 EAD program is terminated in the future. Also, sponsoring a close family (like the H1B principal spouse) likely would be very challenging. (25.Sep.2019)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2019, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.