My husband and I are citizens of Singapore. He is in H1B1 status with an approved I-140, and I am in H-4 status. Am I eligible to apply for an H-4 EAD?


Unfortunately, the H-4 EAD option is limited to H-4 spouses of H1B workers. It is not available to H-4 spouses of H1B1 workers. (25.Sep.2019)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here.

Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2019, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.