My uncle (father’s brother) is a U.S. citizen. Can he sponsor me for a green card?


No, generally speaking, a foreign national cannot be directly sponsored for a family-based green card by their aunt or uncle. (06.Feb.2020)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2020, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.