While my father was visiting me on B-2, I sponsored him for a green card. Both the I-130 and I-485 are pending. Can he travel back to India and then return on his B-2, or does he need to first get an advance parole document?


Typically, if a person in B-2 status travels while an I-485 is pending, the I-485 is considered abandoned unless the individual has a valid AP document. (23.Feb.2023)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.



Copyright © 2023, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved



Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.