I am a U.S. citizen but have been living in India for several years. I am soon getting married to an Indian citizen. Can I sponsor her for a green card, even though I don’t live in the U.S.?


Generally speaking, a U.S. citizen living abroad may sponsor their spouse for a green card, as long as they plan to move to the U.S. once the immigrant visas are issued. (14.Sep.2023)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.



Copyright © 2023, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.