24 Feb 2016

Recapture of Time Abroad to Extend Nonimmigrant Status

The law limits the amount of time an individual is permitted to remain in the United States in H1B or L-1 status. However, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) permits a person in H1B or L-1 status to recapture time spent outside the United...

11 Feb 2013

Contiguous Territory Rule Permits Reentry from Canada or Mexico

The following article discusses an important exception to the general requirement that nonimmigrant foreign nationals need to have valid visas, issued at the consulate abroad, in order to enter the United States. This exception is the automatic visa revalidation process, better known as the contiguous...

live chat software