I am a physician and have two years left to qualify for a waiver to my J-1 home residency requirement. I will soon be marrying a U.S. citizen. Do I still need to get the waiver before I can get a green card through my spouse?


Normally, in order to apply for a green card through a U.S. citizen spouse, one would still need to obtain the waiver to home residency requirement. (03.Sep.2020)

Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law. For information on our FREE online services, click here. Access more FAQs here.


Copyright © 2020, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.